Comments: Friday Evening in the ER

Unless hospitals are a lot cheaper in GA, it will be a lot more than $1500. My guess is $5000. Good luck to the little fellow. He is a brave young man. Joe Horton

Posted by Joe Horton at January 22, 2005 03:50 PM

I'm going with $2550 for the hospital visit. Considering the hospital labor it took to administer the Tylenol, the risk of the child biting the nurse/doctor, and the pain reliever itself, I'm throwing $14 out there.

Posted by J. Fowler at January 22, 2005 04:19 PM

I'd like to be optimistic (for your sake!):

Not higher than $2000

Posted by David Rossie at January 22, 2005 05:38 PM

$6,500. My little one isn't crawling yet, but I see what I have to look forward to.

Posted by craig depken at January 22, 2005 08:45 PM

Although I think that M. Depken will be closest in terms of neat, round numbers, I prefer to go the route of sayin something like $6787.54, or the like. Emergency Room visits alone are automatically something like 200-500 dollars, as is my understanding.

Posted by Steven Druckenmiller at January 23, 2005 11:53 AM

Within $100 of your guess for the total. $5 for the tylenol.

Posted by Gary Roseman at January 23, 2005 03:42 PM

$1900 total since you have insurance. Probably about $2500 if you didn't have insurance (i.e., the insurance companies negotiate about around a 20% discount). Out of pocket this ER visit will probably cost you $150 and of course your usual copay for the followups for checking progress and removing the cast.

Posted by Dave Reed at January 23, 2005 05:27 PM

Thanks for the guesses. I'm closing the comments for now to avoid spam etc., but once I get Pee Wee's bill I'll put up a new post and allow additional guesses.

Posted by Frank Stephenson at January 26, 2005 10:17 AM